Friday, March 30, 2007

Poker, hardly know her

Poker, a game I really was oblivious too.
About 7 months ago my company moved offices. During the cold months, my co-workers decided to play poker during lunch and I picked up texas hold'em. I'm pretty good against them, when it's not real money. I was just catching good hands. So good, I didn't always know they were good. Now I've learned the game pretty well and the only problem I have is with the whole gambling part. I've been playing online (free, I'm not about to lose all my dough online), and I run into a lot of donkers. I've been able to win some big hands and lose some big hands. I just need to figure out the best ones to play.

Now I'm hooked and watch whenever it's on tv. I love to see how they play their hands when all that money's at stake. I played in a money game with co-workers a few weeks ago, totally blew it. 6 hands and out. I had a pair of jacks, no flush or straight on the table so I figured I was in good shape. another guy raised me to force me all in and I bought it. He finished the hand with trip Aces, 2 in his pocket. DOH!

I learned my lesson. Thought he was trying to buy the pot, but should have been more cautious that early on. Only lost $20 so no biggie, just sucked being first one out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home